Sonia Lakhany is the founder of Lakhany Law, PC. She splits her time between the firm’s Los Angeles and Atlanta offices and focuses her practice on counseling entrepreneurs and business owners on how to protect their business names, logos, and tag lines through trademark registrations.
In addition to her law practice, Sonia is an instructor at the Trademark Institute of Training, where she lectures on trademark law basics for attorneys and paralegals. Sonia speaks regularly on trademark law under the name LadyLanham® – a word play on The Lanham Act, which is the federal law that gives trademark protection in the United States). Sonia also teaches personal branding courses to attorneys who are building their own law practices.
Over the course of her career, Sonia has helped numerous startups and small- and medium-sized businesses secure trademark protection for their brands. She is considered a rising expert in her field, as her work has been recognized and featured by numerous media outlets such as Bloomberg, Entrepreneur Magazine, Glamour Magazine, Business News Daily, and CBS.
- Star of the Quarter for Winter 2016, Georgia State Bar
- Best Personal Brand of 2015, Technology Association of Georgia
- 2015 Influential Insider, Jezebel Magazine
Leadership and Involvement:
- Co-Chair, Georgia Young Lawyers Division-Intellectual Property (YLD-IP)
- Vice-President, South Asian Bar Association of Georgia (SABA-GA)
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA) Bulletins Committee
- Past Member, Georgia State Bar Community Outreach Committee
- Masters of Law in Intellectual Property, George Washington University Law School
- Juris Doctor, Emory Law School
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Southern California
- Georgia; Maryland; District of Columbia