Sonia Lakhany is the founder of Lakhany Law, PC. She splits her time between the firm’s Los Angeles and Atlanta offices and focuses her practice on counseling entrepreneurs and business owners on how to protect their business names, logos, and tag lines through trademark registrations. Sonia and her colleague Dan Nguyen co-authored a book called “Making Your Mark: Practical (and Money-Saving!) Guidance from Two Expert Trademark Attorneys on Choosing and Protecting Names for Your Products.” (click here to view).
In addition to her law practice, Sonia teaches courses to other attorneys on practicing trademark law, marketing, and working smarter, not harder.
Over the course of her career, Sonia has helped numerous startups and small- and medium-sized businesses secure trademark protection for their brands. She is considered a national expert in her field, as her work has been recognized and featured by numerous media outlets such as Bloomberg, Entrepreneur Magazine, Glamour Magazine, Business News Daily, and CBS.
- Star of the Quarter for Winter 2016, Georgia State Bar
- Best Personal Brand of 2015, Technology Association of Georgia
- 2015 Influential Insider, Jezebel Magazine
Leadership and Involvement:
- Past Co-Chair (for 3 years), Georgia Young Lawyers Division-Intellectual Property (YLD-IP)
- Past Vice-President, South Asian Bar Association of Georgia (SABA-GA)
- Past Member, International Trademark Association (INTA) Bulletins Committee
- Past Member, Georgia State Bar Community Outreach Committee
- Masters of Law in Intellectual Property Coursework, George Washington University Law School
- Juris Doctor, Emory Law School
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Southern California
- Georgia; Maryland (inactive); District of Columbia (inactive)