Cease and Desist Letters
Sonia and Erik are back! We've had a huge demand for this class and we finally made it happen. Most of us can file an application, deal with Office Actions, and get the mark to registration. But what happens when there is an infringer afterward? Or even before? Even if you aren't a litigator, we should all be equipped with the skill set to send and respond to a trademark infringement cease and desist letter. Sometimes you may even need to send one. We've got you covered either way.
This training includes:
- Investigation of the infringement
- The importance of priority (dates, use, etc.)
- Mechanics of letter-sending – who to send to, where to send, how to send, etc.
- Sending a cease and desist letter: Essential terms and sections
- Responding to a cease and desist: Essential terms and sections
- Tone and word choice (beware of the Streisand Effect)
- Demands: What is fair and reasonable
- What comes next (negotiation, follow-up, etc.)
- Bonus: Responding to template copyright infringement claims
Of course, you knew there would be a workbook too! Included with your purchase is a workbook featureing over 47 example letters (!!) ranging from amicable to aggressive in nature, covering trademarks, copyrights, AND design patents. Wowzas.
PLUS...we've armed you with a huge checklist of issues and considerations for: 1) When you are sending; and 2) when you've received one.
"I absolutely loved the course! It's a great opportunity to learn from experts in the field. The workbook is full of good arguments. Anyone who practices trademark should take the course." - Hayoon Kane
“You guys are TRULY amazing. I have zero qualms about giving you all of my money. Your classes, your guides, your quick answers on FB…all make me a better and more confident attorney. THANK YOU!!! – Anonymous
“Thanks to you and Erik for creating and providing great content!” – Xavier Hailey
“Sonia and Erik are both trademark experts and great personalities who make their courses exciting." – Tony Booker
Intro | Details | Testimonials | Course Outline