Cease and Desist Letters
Sonia and Erik are back! We've had a huge demand for this class and we finally made it happen. Most of us can file an application, deal with Office Actions, and get the mark to registration. But what happens when there is an infringer afterward? Or even before? Even if you aren't a litigator, we should all be equipped with the skill set to send and respond to a trademark infringement cease and desist letter.
You know that these classes are always jam-packed with valuable content, tips, advice, and best practices. Join us on Friday, Dec. 13, 2019 at 4pm ET (1pm PT) for a comprehensive discussion of issues regarding a potential infringement scenario, including:
- Investigation of the infringement
- The importance of priority (dates, use, etc.)
- Mechanics of letter-sending – who to send to, where to send, how to send, etc.
- Sending a cease and desist letter: Essential terms and sections
- Responding to a cease and desist: Essential terms and sections
- Tone and word choice (beware of the Streisand Effect)
- Demands: What is fair and reasonable
- What comes next (negotiation, follow-up, etc.)
- Bonus: Responding to template copyright infringement claims
Of course, you knew there would be a workbook too! Included in your registration is a workbook with:
- 10+ templates of cease and desist letters (covering trademark and copyright)
- 10+ template of responses to cease and desist letters (covering trademark and copyright)
Just like our other classes, there will be ample time for Q&A both during and after. As always, you will get the video of the class along with the slides to keep for lifetime access.
***Even if you can't make the live session, please be sure to register and you will get the replay plus workbook as soon as we conclude.***
Intro | Details | Testimonials | Course Outline